Sunday 5-24:
Wake up to a phone call of Cynthia telling me and Sean we needed to meet with the website team at 11:30. This was annoying because we had already met and were already all working on our stuff…o well. So I wake up, eat breakfast and head over to cinnabon and work on the website for about 3 hours. After that, got lunch and then went back to the room to do fluids homework…did that for the rest of the day and night…about 8.5 hours straight…awesome…a boring day but at least I got it done.
Monday 5-25:
Wake up…class…and we get another homework assignment due the next day…awesome. After class come back to the room, blog, edit photos, start the homework. Tonight we have our second and final dialogue with the Egyptian students. So at about 6 we head out for that. Get there, meet up and hang out for a bit before the sit down discussion starts. Talk with mohammed before the sit down. Then the dialogues begin. We talked about more cultural differences such as the reasons for dressing certain ways. We also talked about the book we read The Yacoubian Building and how it relates to Egyptian culture. We talked about the censorship of movies and the reasons for that. after the discussion they have dinner for us on the roof. So we all head up to the roof and eat a massive feast. After dinner, a bunch of people decide that going on a Felucca would be a good idea. I thought for a second that I should go back to the hotel because of the homework, and then I thought about what I was thinking and realized that that was a terrible idea. So after 20 minutes of figuring out whose riding with who and how many seats the Egyptians had in their cars we head off to the felucca. We get there and there are about 30 of us total, Americans and Egyptians. Takes us about another 45 minutes of standing around to get everyone together and get on the boats. The boat ride was awesome. The Egyptian guys brought a drum with them and we were singing and some were dancing for the whole time…way better than sitting in the hotel doing the homework…The Nile was once again beautifully illuminated from the lights of
Tuesday:
Wake up…class…and yet again we get a homework assignment. I have never had to move so fast through a course…My second midterm is this Thursday, and my final is next Friday…we are flying through this stuff, but I am actually understanding it so I'm not too worried. Get back from class and grab lunch. Start the homework and work on it all day and night. Pass out…I have done work for the last 3 days straight with not much sleep…definitely need a nap tomorrow.
Wednesday:
Wake up, class…no homework tonight but I do get the pleasure of studying for the midterm tomorrow…get back to the hotel after class and pass out for an hour…felt great and started to hit the books. Tonight the rest of the group is going to the whirling dervish, which I really want to go see but I decide that I can go next week and should study…hit the books all night and grab some dinner at Dido’s…after dinner, watch the juggernaut video…so funny, back to studying…1AM, pass out…game time tomorrow…

No comments:
Post a Comment