Wake up, breakfast, vans, class…meet up with the group again to make another trip out to an even worse neighborhood to check out the glass blowing shop that the NGO has help start up.
I thought yesterday was bad, and then we went out to a little town called Stabl Antar, another outskirt town of
After the tour, we were waiting for everyone to use the bathroom, which was upstairs, and they would only allow one person at a time to go upstairs due to their religious views. So I had some time to kill, and the kids were still playing soccer…with Abduh, and all the van drivers…It took me a while to get up the courage to go and play with the whole group standing around, but I did and it was awesome. These kids were probably about 10-12 years old, and they were NASTY! They were popping rainbows, and step overs, and heel passes etc etc etc. It was a dirt field, so I was slipping everywhere in my nike running shoes, but I had a blast. I cant wait till the next time we go up there so I can play again…We left Stabl Antar, and came back to Zamalek. Tried out a new place for dinner, finished up my paper before I went to sleep, and then crashed.
More for tomorrow…although I might just start doing a post every other day or so, not as much to report since we stopped speed tourism…but stay tuned.

No comments:
Post a Comment