Monday, May 12, 2008

Back To Cairo...unfortunately

Sunday 5-11-08:

Wake up on the train in Cairo…slept terribly, the guy on the train kept knocking on our door asking if we wanted breakfast etc etc…so annoying…also everything else bounces around on the train and there is always knocking…whatever…so we get in at about 7am…back to the hotel at 8am…and we get the great news that we cant check in until noon at the earliest…GREAT! So I sit on the curb for a little bit and try to get some internet…half hour of that and I was fed up…lugged my shit over to cilantro and ordered a hot chocolate, thinking I would get a hot chocolate…instead I got a cup of pretty much heated up chocolate syrup…I wanted to throw it on the floor I was so fed up with cilantros…I havnt been this stressed in a while, and Cairo doesn’t help. Also the fact that vacation is now over, and I have to start classes tomorrow is really not helping out my mood…everything is loud, people smoke inside and its friggin hot out, I didn’t sleep and I got crappy hot chocolate…So I do what always helps me relieve my stress, and edit photos for a few hours. Finally calmed down, and before I knew it it was noon and I was checking into the room…Sean and I are now roommates and we ended up with the corner room which is a lot bigger than most other rooms…so now I’m feeling a little better. I layed on my bed for about 2 hours just chilling out and watching entourage to try to relieve some stress…After that I decide to work on my paper, and I get a decent amount done. Chill for a little bit more and before I knew it it was dinner time…head out with a big group to a place that Doughty knew about. Get there, the menu kinda sucked but the place was pretty ritzy…a little pricy, but whatever, classes start tomorrow so I’m celebrating…have good convo and enjoy a great dinner…head back to the hotel, pick up some drinks for tomorrow at the grocery store…the juices here are AWESOME. Back to the room, edit some more pictures, and work on my paper a little bit more and then pass out, with class in the morning? Weirdddd…more for tomorrow.

Peace

-Al

No comments: