Monday 6-2:
Wake up, breakfast, vans, class. Get my test back, did well, pumped…after class came back to the hotel, grabbed lunch…edited some photos and blogged…tonight Proffesor Sullivan and Professor Taslim are taking the engineering students out to dinner…so I started some of my homework, and then before I knew it it was dinner time. Went out to La Bodega, the place that Professor Doughty took us before he left…had a great dinner with everyone, and it was awesome that they payed for it as well…back to the hotel, and finished up my homework, stayed up way too late…finished up my blog and crashed around 2 AM…
Tuesday 6-3:
Wake up breakfast, vans, class…for some reason they switched the room on us today, so we had class in a crappy classroom with awful wooden chairs…class finished, went extremely slow in the new room, and then we had a few hours to kill before we have our walking tour of the Egyptian Museum. I walked around downtown for a little while, grabbed some lunch and hung out until we had to head to the museum…on the way to the museum we saw a fist fight between 2 Egyptians, it was pretty funny…there were cops standing there not doing anything, just watching and laughing…Rod Chris and I were saying that in Boston, if there was a fight, the cops would find joy in destroying both people, but here they find joy in watching…pretty funny…we get to the museum, and Sullivan’s friend Melinda met us there to give us a tour. She is unbelievable, she knows all. Every artifact, she could have talked about for 3 hours…the things at the museum were unbelievable. They had mummified animals, statues galore, sarcophagus’ everywhere and the best part…King Tutankhamen’s sarcophagus and all of the artifacts from his tomb…Including the famous headdress. It was amazing…I couldn’t believe what I was looking at, so many times I have seen it on the cover of Nat Geo, but in person, it was awesome…11Kg’s of solid gold. After about 3 hours of touring the Museum, I had just about had it, along with everyone else…we headed out, hopped in a cab and back to the hotel…started some of the homework, but then got dinner early because tonight a few of the dialogue students set another soccer game for us. So a huge group of us met up after dinner and headed to a field to play…there were probably a good 20 of us total, Egyptians and Americans…we got to the field, and with some swindling, they got us all in for 10 pounds each. We walk through this club, and there are little kids everywhere, and families hanging out…the Egyptians suddenly realized that this was a bad night, because school has just been let out for the summer, so everyone was out that night…and here’s where the fun begins…we get to the field, which is 1 huge soccer field, that has been split up into 4 fields…and when we get there, there are nearly 150 little kids on the field just playing soccer in little groups…very awesome to see, in the states, you would never see that. So we enter the field, and all of a sudden half of the kids stop playing, and swarm us…it was crazy. We were just standing there with a sea of little Egyptian kids yelling and screaming and taking pictures with us…this was pretty cool for the first 20 minutes, but when we tried to play, and they were all swarming the field, the overseer of the field got pissed…He grabbed the ball and kicked us off the field because we were causing way too much commotion. He told us that we could wait till 11 o’clock and he would kick all of the kids off…so we waited around for about an hour and a half, and then the field opened up…wicked annoying because I had homework to do, and I didn’t want to stay late…but that didn’t matter cause the field was open and we were playing…we split into 4 teams and started playing…after a few goals we would switch teams…did this for about an hour until another field opened up and we moved there…before I knew it, it was 1:30 and we had been playing for nearly 3 hours…and it was awesome…it wasn’t as serious as the other time I played, but it was just as much fun…after playing, we hopped in Mohammed’s car, and he drove us back to the hotel…his car is totally messed up by the way, apparently his mother was driving it and did something to it…the back end was lurching to the left every time he shifted, it felt like at any moment, the car was going to flip…but o well, we got back ok at about 2AM….and I still hadn’t done my homework…sit down, burn the midnight oil for a few hours and finally finish…take a shower at 4:30 AM and then go to sleep...tomorrow is gonna be rough.

No comments:
Post a Comment